Vacation time is probably the best time of the year, and those fortunate enough to go on Vacations will tell you the same. It’s the happiest time when you get to free yourself, be yourself and simply stop worrying about anything but yourself. Here are some vacation quotes I’ll recommend you use when you decide to upload your extra-ordinary, exotic vacation pics on Instagram, Facebook or Whatsapp.
One vacation quote which I 100% agree with is this: “Take vacations, go as many places as you can, you can always make money, you can’t awakes make memories.”
So when planning to make money, don’t forget to live a life, and Helen Keller explained this better when she said and I quote: “Life is either a daring adventure or nothing.”
For anyone here who simply can’t wait and is already counting the remaining months, weeks or days until their next vacation, I’ll suggest you keep yourself inspired using these amazing and inspirational vacation quotes to keep the fire burning.
From the beginning of time, Humans have always been curious explorers who set out to discover new shores and new landscapes, exploring the wonders of earth and sametime, enjoying the immense pleasure that comes from it.
Personally, I think that the greatest advantage of living in the 21st century is that almost every choice destination is no more than a flight of 12-24 hours away where you get to enjoy and see Nature at it’s finest. But most importantly, almost every single square inch of Earth’s surface has already been explored, which makes the list of choice vacation places more easier for you to pick. But know that the list of interesting travel spots is almost never-ending as new vacation spots are always popping up.
200 VACATION QUOTES.
These quotes comes from the mouth of great Women and Men who have burning passion about traveling and enjoying Life. Many of these Quote authors have journeyed far and wide, fueled by their unquenchable desire to explore the world.
These vacation quotes are filled with beautiful thoughts about discovering new places, seeing humans from different perspective and helping you to know interesting people and understand life better.
BEST VACATION QUOTES.
1. “Ramble out yonder and explore the forests, climb the mountains, bag the peaks, run the rivers, breathe deep of that yet sweet and lucid air, sit quietly for a while and contemplate the precious stillness, the lovely, mysterious, and awesome space.” ⇒ Edward Abbey.
2. “It is good to have an end to journey toward; but it is the journey that matters, in the end.” ⇒ Ursula K. Le Guin
3. “Explore. Dream. Discover.” ⇒ H. Jackson Brown Jr.
4. “The world is a book and those who do not travel read only one page.” ⇒ Agustine of Hippo
5. “For upon reaching his destination, a man with a past full of misfortunes can both taste the bitter drops of his sorrow and grin in triumph despite them. In reaching the desired end of his voyage there is an outbreak of joy. Even in a pyrrhic victory, a man of past and present tragedies experiences the sweetness of that unfamiliar emotion.” ⇒ Asaad Almohammad.
6. “The real voyage of discovery consists not in seeking new landscapes, but in having new eyes.” ⇒ Marcel Proust.
7. “No man needs a vacation so much as the man who has just had one.” ⇒ Elbert Hubbard.
8. “Then something woke up inside him, and he wished to go and see the great mountains, and hear the pine-trees and the waterfalls, and explore the caves, and wear a sword instead of a walking-stick.” ⇒ J.R.R. Tolkien.
9. “The only true voyage, the only bath in the Fountain of Youth, would be not to visit strange lands but to possess other eyes, to see the universe through the eyes of another, of a hundred others, to see the hundred universes that each of them sees, that each of them is; and this we do [with great artists]; with artists like these we do really fly from star to star.” ⇒ Marcel Proust.
10. “I think the best vacation is the one that relieves me of my own life for a while and then makes me long for it again.” ⇒ Ann Patchett.
11. “People would be happier and healthier if they took longer vacations even if that meant earning less.” ⇒ Jonathan Haidt.
12. “Now, Voyager, sail thou forth, to seek and find.” ⇒ Walt Whitman.
13. “Make voyages. Attempt them. There’s nothing else.” ⇒ Tennesse Williams.
14. “Maybe that’s the best part of going away for a vacation – coming home again.” ⇒ Madeleine L’Engle.
15. “Some people spend all their time on vacation taking pictures so that when they get home they can show their friends evidence that they had a good time. They don’t pause to let the vacation enter inside of them and take that home.” ⇒ E.L. Konigsburg.
16. “Harry had no idea where Dumbledore went during the summer holidays. He amused himself for a moment, picturing Dumbledore, with his long silver beard, full-length wizard’s robes, and pointed hat, stretched out on a beach somewhere, rubbing suntan lotion onto his long crooked nose.” ⇒ J.K. Rowling.
17. “Voyager, there are no bridges, one builds them as one walks.” ⇒ Gloria Anzaldúa.
18. “It is always sad to leave a place to which one knows one will never return. Such are the melancolies du voyage: perhaps they are one of the most rewarding things about traveling.” ⇒ Gustave Flaubert.
19. “There’s nothing like a mission to save the world to liven up a vacation.” ⇒ Donita K. Paul.
20. “It’s more like that melancholy feeling you get at the end of a really good vacation. Something special is ending, and you’re sad, but you can’t be that sad because, hey, it was good while it lasted, and there’ll be other vacations, other good times.” ⇒ Gayle Forman.
21. “Once you have traveled, the voyage never ends, but is played out over and over again in the quietest chambers. The mind can never break off from the journey.” ⇒ Pat Conroy.
22. “The secret of success is making your vocation your vacation.” ⇒ Mark Twain.
23. “We travel, some of us forever, to seek other states, other lives, other souls.” ⇒ Anaïs Nin.
24. “I always feel a little blue when a fun trip is over. The planning and anticipation of a vacation, and then the trip itself, are always so much fun. Getting home and back to real life always makes me feel a little empty.” ⇒ Karey White.
25. “A vacation is what you take when you can no longer take what you’ve been taking.” ⇒ Earl Wilson.
26. “Take time out. It’s not a real vacation if you’re reading email or calling in for messages.” ⇒ Randy Pausch.
27. “When all else fails, take a vacation.” ⇒ Betty Williams.
28. “The adventure is over. Everything gets over, and nothing is ever enough. Except the part you carry with you.” ⇒ E.L. Konigsburg.
30. “Sometimes, you meet a wonderful person, but it’s only for a brief instant. Maybe on vacation or on a train or maybe even in a bus line. And they touch your life for a moment, but in a special way.” ⇒ Marian Keyes.
30. “But the true voyagers are only those who leave. Just to be leaving; hearts light, like balloons, They never turn aside from their fatality and without knowing why they always say: ‘Let’s go!’” ⇒ Charles Baudelaire
31. “Take a vacation. Whatever it is, do something that makes you feel. Because feeling nothing is no way to go through life.” ⇒ Valerie Thomas.
32. “Does the destination matter? Or is it the path we take? I declare that no accomplishment has substance nearly as great as the road used to achieve it. We are not creatures of destinations. It is the journey that shapes us. Our callused feet, our backs strong from carrying the weight of our travels, our eyes open with the fresh delight of experiences lived.” ⇒ Brandon Sanderson.
33. “A journey is best measured in friends, rather than miles.” ⇒ Tim Cahill.
34. “In matters of healing the body or the mind, vacation is a true genius!” ⇒ Mehmet Murat ildan.
35. “Live, travel, adventure, bless, and don’t be sorry.” ⇒ Jack Kerouac.
36. “Letting the happy accident happen is what a lot of vacation itineraries miss, I think, and I’m always trying to push people to allow those things to happen rather than stick to some rigid itinerary.” ⇒ Anthony Bourdain.
37. “To be whole is to be part; true voyage is return.” ⇒ Ursula K. LeGuin.
38. “We are all travelers in the wilderness of this world, and the best we can find in our travels is an honest friend.” ⇒
Robert Louis Stevenson.
39. “I never travel without my diary. One should always have something sensational to read in the train.” ⇒ Oscar Wilde.
40. “The feeling you have when you wake up in the morning and realize that it is the beginning of the holidays or the beginning of Summer.” ⇒ C.S. Lewis.
41. “The sea is everything. It covers seven-tenths of the terrestrial globe. Its breath is pure and healthy. It is an immense desert, where man is never lonely, for he feels life stirring on all sides. The sea is only the embodiment of a supernatural and wonderful existence.” ⇒ Jules Verne.
42. “It’s so important to change routines regularly, and take vacations to exotic locales, and have as many new experiences as possible that can serve to anchor our memories.” ⇒ Joshua Foer.
43. “Hearing about vacations is like hearing about dreams – no one cares except the person who’s experienced them.” ⇒ Kirsten Hubbard.
44. “After all, the best part of a holiday is perhaps not so much to be resting yourself, as to see all the other fellows busy working.” ⇒ Kenneth Grahame.
45. “That’s why people take vacations. Not to relax or find excitement or see new places. To escape the death that exists in routine things.” ⇒ Don DeLillo.
46. “Be an experimental person. Break up fixed routines. Expose yourself to new restaurants, new books, new theaters, new friends; take a different route to work someday, take a different vacation this year, do something new and different this weekend.” ⇒ David J. Schwartz.
47. “If you’re born in a cubicle and grow up in a corridor, and work in a cell, and vacation in a crowded sun-room, then coming up into the open with nothing but sky over you might just give you a nervous breakdown”. ⇒ Isaac Asimov.
48. “When people went on vacation, they shed their home skins, thought they could be a new person.” ⇒ Aimee Friedman.
49. “Vacation, I go there in my mind. Especially when I’m at work, getting paid for it.” ⇒ Jarod Kintz.
50. “Nobody ever figures out what life is all about, and it doesn’t matter. Explore the world. Nearly everything is really interesting if you go into it deeply enough.” ⇒ Richard P. Feynman.
Inspirational Vacation Quotes.
|“Life is not a long vacation, but a constant learning process.” ⇒ Paulo Coelho.|
|“It’s nice to be able to take a vacation from me every once in a while. You help with that. You’re my safe harbor in an endless, stormy sea.” ⇒ Patrick Rothfuss.|
|“Here’s to a vacation of no regrets!” ⇒ Joan Rylen.|
|“What a long strange trip it’s been.” ⇒ Jerry Garcia.|
|“I don’t know if this makes me a bad person or whatever, but it’s hard for me to get interested in other people’s vacations.” ⇒ Jeff Kinney.|
|“You cannot discover new oceans unless he has the courage to lose sight of the shore.” ⇒ Andre Gide.|
|“He who would travel happily must travel light.” ⇒ Antoine de St. Exupery.|
|“Like all explorers, we are drawn to discover what’s out there without knowing yet if we have the courage to face it.” ⇒ Pema Chodron.|
|“To me, you were home, to you I was just a vacation.” ⇒ Sade Andria Zabala.|
|“Sometimes the hardest part of the journey is believing you’re worthy of the trip.” ⇒ Glenn Beck.|
|“My goal is to build a life I don’t need a vacation from.” ⇒ Rob Hill Sr.|
|“We expect our two-week vacations to be romantic, exotic, cheap, and effortless. We expect anything and everything. We expect contradictory and the impossible. For never has a people expected so much more than the world could offer.” ⇒ Daniel J. Boorstin.|
|“Instead of wondering when your next vacation is, maybe you ought to set up a life you don’t need to escape from.” ⇒ Seth Godin.|
|“Sometimes she missed people before they even left her, got depressed about vacation being over before it started.” ⇒ Jennifer Close.|
|“Like them, you are tall and taciturn, and you are sad, all at once, like a voyage.” ⇒ Pablo Neruda.|
|“Going on a solo vacation, or even spending a few days alone – leaving your laptop at home, if you can manage it – might seem like a strange way to feel loved, but if you can be happy with your own company, you can be happy with anything.⇒ Chelsea Fagan.|
|“Tourists went on holidays while travelers did something else. They traveled.” ⇒ Alex Garland.|
|“To suffer fifty weeks of the year for the sake of a two-week vacation, when all you really desire is to be outdoors, with your shirt off. And always to have to get ahead of the next fella. And still — that’s how you build a future.” ⇒ Arthur Miller.|
|`||“No one realizes how beautiful it is to travel until he comes home and rests his head on his old, familiar pillow.” ⇒ Lin Yutang.|
|“Suddenly vacation is over, you have to catch a plane, and you see the shuttle take off on TV at the airport. But you keep coming back, year after year, and one day you find you’re eighty years old driving through an orange grove.” ⇒ Tim Dorsey.|
|“To travel is to discover that everyone is wrong about other countries.” ⇒ Aldous Huxley.|
|“Explore more, expect least.” ⇒ Santosh Kalwar.|
|“The journey is what brings us happiness, not the destination.” ⇒ Dan Millman.|
|“To travel is to live” ⇒ Hans Christian Andersen.|
|“Never go on trips with anyone you do not love.” ⇒ Ernest Hemingway.|
|“Happiness is the consequence of personal effort. You fight for it, strive for it, insist upon it, and sometimes even travel around the world looking for it.” ⇒ Elizabeth Gilbert.|
|“Though the road’s been rocky it sure feels good to me.” ⇒ Bob Marley.|
|“Two years he walks the earth. No phone, no pool, no pets, no cigarettes. Ultimate freedom. An extremist. An aesthetic voyager whose home is the road.” ⇒ Christopher McCandless.|
|“We seek a holiday from our inner and outer restrictions, a more intense sense of the here and now, the beauty and value of the world we live in.” ⇒ Oliver Sacks.|
|“Try to make every day feel as close to a vacation as possible.” ⇒ Judy Greer.|
|“Art urges voyages – and it is easier to stay at home.” ⇒ Gwendolyn Brooks.|
|“You live like this, sheltered, in a delicate world, and you believe you are living. Then you read a book or you take a trip… and you discover that you are not living, that you are hibernating.” ⇒ Anaïs Nin.|
|“Reality, however utopian, is something from which people feel the need of taking pretty frequent holidays.” ⇒ Aldous Huxley.|
|“Perfume is like cocktails without the hangover, like chocolate without the calories, like an affair without tears, like a vacation from which you never have to come back.” ⇒ Marian Bendeth.|
|“All journeys have secret destinations of which the traveler is unaware.” ⇒ Martin Buber.|
|“If we would give, just once, the same amount of reflection to what we want out of life that we give to the question of what to do with a two weeks’ vacation, we would be startled at our false standards and the aimless procession of our busy days.” ⇒ Dorothy Canfield Fisher|
|“Reading… a vacation for the mind.” ⇒ Dave Barry.|
|“Your friends are knocking on your door, saying, "Don’t you need a vacation?!,” and you don’t even know what the word "vacation” means because what you’re doing is what you want to do and a vacation from that is anything but a vacation — that’s the state of mind of somebody who’s doing what others might call visionary and brilliant.” ⇒ Neil deGrasse Tyson|
|“Most people feel best about their work the week before their vacation, but it’s not because of the vacation itself. What do you do the last week before you leave on a big trip? You clean up, close up, clarify, and renegotiate all your agreements with yourself and others. I just suggest that you do this weekly instead of yearly.” ⇒ David Allen.|
|“Travel and change of place impart new vigor to the mind.” ⇒ Seneca|
|“Life is a journey, not a destination.” ⇒ Ralph Waldo Emerson.|
|“My family never went skiing. My dad was afraid of heights and my mom felt that vacation was only a vacation if it involved reading at least two books on the beach.” ⇒ Lisa Greenwald.|
|“Do people get sad on holiday sometimes? I can imagine they do, having all that time to think.” ⇒ Nick Hornby.|
SUMMER VACATION QUOTES.
“A vacation is what you take when you can no longer take what you’ve been taking.” ⇒ Earl Wilson.
“My favorite place to vacation is anyplace by the ocean.” ⇒ Nina Arianda.
“An upcoming vacation gives us something to eagerly anticipate.” ⇒ Jaime Kurtz.
“Isn’t it amazing how much stuff we get done the day before vacation?” ⇒ Zig Ziglar.
“Take vacations, go as many places as you can, you can always make money, you can’t awakes make memories.”
“The vacation we often need is freedom from our own mind.” ⇒Jack Adam Weber.
“A vacation is having nothing to do and all day to do it in.” ⇒ Robert Orben.
“I love my job only when I’m on vacation.”
“I hope your vacation gives you the pleasure you need so that you don’t have to think of any problems back at home. Enjoy your vacation.”
“I need a six month vacation, twice a year.”
“I need a vacation, not a stupid weekend.”
“Don’t pick a job with great vacation time. Pick one that doesn’t need escaping.”
“The average vacation is one⇒ tenth playing—nine⇒ tenths paying.” ⇒ Arnold Glasow.
“Don’t bother me I’m on vacation.”
“Happiness consists of living each day as if it were the first day of your honeymoon and the last day of your vacation.” ⇒ Leo Tolstoy
“Just a reminder that I’m going on vacation and you’re not.”
“Make your vocation your vacation. That is the secret to success.” ⇒ Mark Twain
“Laughter is an instant vacation to happiness.” ⇒ Milton Berle.
“Vacation calories don’t count. They’re memories calories”.
“No man needs a vacation so much as the man who has just had one.” ⇒ Elbert Hubbard.
“My goal in life is to always hit the gym every day I’m on vacation. But I just end up sleeping and drinking beer.” ⇒ Gary Allan.
“One⇒ week vacations are too short to prevent burnout; by the time you relax enough not to think about the office the week is almost up.” ⇒ Cecilia Mikalac.
Best Vacation Quotes Photos.
What is Vacation?
Vacation can also be called a “Holiday”. Vacation is defined as taking a leave of absence from one’s daily job/occupation, or taking a specific trip or journey for the sole purpose of recreation and/or tourism.
Personally, I think Vacation can be just about any place where one sits on a lounge chair, reading a book, drinking wine, all the while considering dinner options without giving a single bother to the world.
Vacation time is when you go to recharge, renew and restore your body and mind for creativity and wholeness. Vacation time should not only be about YOU taking some time off your job ALONE, but should also be a time which you can use to learn more about cultures, seeing historical sights, and learning a different lifestyle. Both are fabulous, but both serve entirely different purposes.
To all my friendswho are looking and searching for the perfect Instagram caption for your summer vacation photos, I think these vacation quotes will provide you with some amazing captions that will inspire you to take more summer vacation pictures!