Moving on quote may be one of the hardest quotes for you to search because it signifies a great loss. You may have lost your love, (boyfriend, girlfriend, wife, husband), business deals, your better-half, friend, or anything that makes you feel emotionally drained.
However, these quotes about moving on with life will help you, or the person you want to send the Moving on messages to, understand reality and know that there is light at the end of the tunnel. That a rainbow appears after a heavy thunderstorm and rain.
But there is something important you need to know first, everyone goes through some challenges in their lives, but some others may be more painful.
50 Moving on Quotes for You.
- You should know that holding on is believing that there’s a past; but letting go is you telling yourself that there’s a future. – Daphne Rose Kingma.
- I discovered that some persons think holding on makes them strong, but sometimes, it is letting go that makes you the strongest. – Hermann Hesse.
- One mistake you should NEVER make is loving something so much that you can’t let go of it. – Ginni Rometty.4. I realize there’s something incredibly honest about trees in winter, but I noticed that they are also experts at letting things go. – Jeffrey McDaniel.
5. Sometimes, it is hard to fall out of love with somebody, you just let go and move on. – Ashley Rickards.
6. Actually, there is absolutely nothing in the universe that can stop you from letting go and starting over again. – Guy Finley.
7. There is a huge line of difference between giving up and letting go. – Jessica Hatchigan.
8. In a relationship breakup, the most difficult part of moving on is accepting that the other person already moved on. – Faraaz Kazi.
9. It’s difficult and hard, but know that the pain will leave you when you let go. – Jeremy Aldana.
10. I know for sure that every girl in the universe has that one guy she has trouble letting go of. – Rashida Jones.
11. When I let go of what I am, I become what I might be. When I let go of what I have, I receive what I need. – Lao Tzu.
12. When you let go, you’re stronger and you’ve come to the realization that some people are a part of your history, but not a part of your destiny. – Steve Maraboli.
13. Just Breathe. and Let go. Constantly reminding yourself that this very moment is the only one you know you have for sure, tomorrow is uncertain but exciting. – Oprah Winfrey.
14. Unless you let go, unless you forgive yourself, Unless you forgive the situation, unless you realize that the situation is over, you can NEVER move forward, let it go to move forward. – Steve Maraboli.
15. Let go. Have you asked yourself Why you cling to pain? You should know that is nothing you can do about the wrongs of yesterday. It is not yours to judge. Why hold on to the very thing which keeps you from hope and love of the present (today)? –Leo Buscaglia.
16. I’m always guilty of giving people more chances than they deserve in my life, but when I’m done, I’m done. – Turcois Ominek.
17. I discover that it’s pretty difficult to know who you are when you carry around a bunch of baggage from the past. Let go and move more quickly into the next place. – Angelina Jolie.
18. Changes can be good, but its always tough to let go of the past, Move on and accept the change that comes with it. – Emily Giffi.
19. When you leave,
Weary of me,
Without a word, I shall gently let you go. – Kim Sowol.
21. Yes, I know that if you didn’t love him, this never would have happened. But you did love. Now, accepting that love and everything that followed it is part of letting it go. – Sarah Dessen.
22. Welcome and accept the truth, no matter how painful it is. Say this to yourself: He now belonged to my past, and it was time I begin to accept it, as much as it hurt to do so. – Tammara Webber.
23. Always know that letting go doesn’t mean you don’t care anymore. It means that you have just realized that the only person you really have control over is yourself. – Deborah Reber.
24. I just wanted to tell you that I understand if you go. It’s okay if you have to leave us. It’s okay if you want to stop fighting. – Gayle Forman.
25. Be of the mindset that suffering is not holding you. You are holding suffering. When you become good at the art of letting sufferings go, only then will you realize how unnecessary it was for you to carry those heavy burdens. You’ll come to realize that no one else other than you is responsible. Be of the mindset that existence wants your life to become a festival. – Osho.
26. Do you know that there is a trick to the Graceful Exit? It starts with the vision to recognize when a job, a life stage, a relationship is over – and let it go by Moving on. Moving on means leaving what you know is over without denying its value. – Ellen Goodman.
27. When you let go, your strength leaves you and you sink into darkness, and you come to the point where there’s nothing that you or anyone else can do, no matter how desperate you are, no matter how hard you try? there is your starting point, a new blank page is open for you to start anew. – Mark Halperin.
28. You can meet someone who’s just right, but he might not be meant for you. You break up, you lose things, you never feel the same again. But maybe you should stop questioning why. Maybe you should just accept it and move on. – Winna Efendi.
29. “It’s time, Perry”. She took a step back, taking in his face one last time to always remember. Looking at all the tiny imperfections that made him beautiful. Without a word, she turned and made her way downhill, letting go. – Veronica Rossi.
30. Letting go. People talk like it’s the easiest thing in the world. No, I disagree. Slowly, gently unfurl your fingers one by one until your hand is open. Let it go and move on, the pain will reduce with each new day. – Gayle Forman.
31. I purposefully destroy my bridges behind me, so there won’t be any choice but to move forward. – Fridtjof Nansen.
32. Some birds are meant NEVER to be caged. Their feathers are too bright, the wings strong to fly against the wind, their songs too sweet and wild. So you let them go, or when you open the cage to feed them they somehow fly out past you. And there is that part of you that knows it’s wrong to imprison them in the first place rejoices, but still, the place where you live is that much more drab and empty for their departure. – Stephen King.
33. The art of moving on is not forgetting, but letting go. And when everything else is gone, you can be rich in loss. – Rebecca Solnit.
34. When you truly love someone, you should set them free, right?. So that is what I am doing. I will step back to let you move on. I will let you go because your happiness means everything to me. I will be contended to listen to your voice in the distance. I will carry your smile with me everywhere, like a warm and comforting glow. – Tabitha Suzuma.
35. When I told you I’ll forget you, I knew it’s impossible to forget someone like you. What I want is to erase you from my thoughts and purge you from my memories. I’m saying this because this is what I wish for, not what is or could ever be. – Donna Lynn Hope.
36. A wise man once said: If you want to fly high in the sky, you need to leave the earth. If you want to move forward, you need to let go of the burdens of yesterday. – Amit Ray.
37. You will evolve past certain people. Let yourself evolve and enjoy the change it brings.- Mandy Hale.
38. Sometimes, when a relationship ends, it’s not because we failed but because something bigger than us says we’re better than this. So, lock the door, shed a tear, turn around and look for the new door that has just opened. It’s a sign that you’re no longer that person you were, and everything will be okay. – Lee Goff.
39. The best skill at cards is knowing when to discard. – Baltasar Gracián.
40. The secret to life is this: No matter how bad you really want a person, if your hearts are in two different places, it means you’ll have to pass and move on. – Alexandra Elle.
41. The truth is that what people resist is not change per se, but the loss of familiarity. – Ronald A. Heifetz.
42. Why let go of yesterday? Because yesterday has already let go of you. – Steve Maraboli.
43. Yes, it hurts to let go, but sometimes, it hurts more to hold tight to something that isn’t there. – lovelifestatus.
44. You know, it is you who has to hold on to earth. You have to tighten your grip, and this means letting go. – Melissa Bank.
45. Words can’t describe the feeling when we let go of someone we love. It’s the hardest thing we will ever do. Some people never surrender to love for the fear of being hurt. But to not have loved, to not have felt the immense joy it brings, would have been a far worse kind of death. – Goldie Hawn.
46. If you only knew how to respect my heart, then my heart wouldn’t have found a reason to move on from you. – Jourdane Erasquin.
47. It is better to have LOVE and lost than never to have love. – Lovelifestatus.
48. Learn to accept the fact that you will grow apart from people you’ve had strong connections with, learn to understand when someone no longer positively affects your life. and LEARN to Let them go. Don’t hinder your growth in holding on to yesterday. – Unknown.
49. When loving someone becomes too painful and burdensome, then it’s time to let that love go and save yourself before it’s too late. You have to keep this in mind because you’ll be able to find another love but not another self. – Robert Tew.
50. Holding on to that person who doesn’t value you is automatically blocking yourself from the one who will. Let them go. – Robert Tew.
51. If someone doesn’t care to accept you, respect you, believe in you, for who you are, then don’t hesitate to move on and let them go. There are many out there who will love and appreciate you just the way you are. – Amaka Imani Nkosazana.
52. Sometimes, time actually doesn’t heal emotional pain, you need to learn how to let go and move on. – Roy Bennett.
53. You really don’t have to burn any bridges to let go… You don’t have to destroy anything. You can just decide to cross over and move on with your life. – Marta Mrotek.
54. Make sure you take all the time you need to heal emotionally. Know that moving on doesn’t take a day, it takes lots of little steps to be able to break free of your broken self and start rebuilding. – Tere Arigo.
55. Moving on and Letting go may sound so simple, but rarely is it a one-time thing. Just keep letting go, until one day it’s gone for good. – Eleanor Brownn.
56. There’s no point in loving someone who doesn’t want to be with you and doesn’t want to keep you close, then it’s time to try letting go. – Ressha.
57. Let go, or be dragged. – Unknown.
58. You can’t move forward if you’re still hanging tight to what is holding you back. – Sue Fitzmaurice.
59. Relinquishing control to another person is like death: it’s only scary until it finally happens. – Agnostic Zetetic.
60. When one person stops being a part of your life, another one will come and fill that empty space. Leave the ones who have left right where they belong, and never look back, keep looking forward to a brighter day. – Ena Snow.
61. Moving on and letting go is the willingness to change your beliefs in order to bring more peace and joy into your life instead of holding onto beliefs that bring pain, endless regrets, and sufferings. – Hal Tipper.
62. Just because someone has been in your life for many years, doesn’t mean there shouldn’t be a point at which you finally decide to move on with your life and let go. – Wilfred James Dolor.
63. Sometimes you have to let things go. Sometimes you have to stop caring for a minute and think about yourself, love yourself and cater for yourself. – Trina Etmanskie.
64. The moment after being let go, when we can finally move on, at that miraculous moment, that is when love once again has the hope to shine brighter. – Brian MacLearn.
65. Just know that letting go is not getting rid of memories. Truth is that the memories will stay, they always do. BUT Moving on and letting go is making sure that the pain associated with the memories goes away. – Arti Honrao.
66. We are at our strongest when we let the people we love the most, go. – Omosco.
67. You can love them, forgive them, want good things for them…but still move on without them. – Mandy Hale.
68. She let him go once. But every single breaking dawn demands that she release him over and over again. – Julianna Baggott.
69. Sometimes being a friend means mastering the art of timing. There is a time for silence. There is a time to let go and allow people to choose their destiny. There is a time to prepare to pick up the pieces when it’s all over and move on. – Octavia Butler.
Moving on Short Quotes.
1. Even as I hold you, I am letting you go deep within me. – Alice Walker.
2. It is by giving the freedom to the other, which is letting go, we gain our own freedom back. – Aleksandra Ninkovic.
3. If they are dumb enough of letting you go, be smart enough and move on. – Omosco.
4. Cheers to the future, because am done with the past.
5. Starting from today, I need to forget what is gone, appreciates what remains, and look forward to what is coming.
6. Create that time for yourself and come to the realization that some people can stay in your heart, but has no place in your life.
7. Appreciates, love and Respect yourself enough to walk away from anything that no longer serves you, grows you, or makes you happy.
8. Never waste your time looking back at what you have lost. Move on, because life is not meant to be traveled backwards but always forward.
9. Moving on and letting go is always hard. But knowing when to move on and let go is harder.
10. When you choose to give up, it does not mean you are weak. No, it means you are strong enough to let go and start a new chapter in your life.
11. Accept what is, let go of what was, and have faith in what will be.
12. I’m glad I found the “good” in goodbye.
13. Thanks to anyone who discovered “Goodbye”, atleast, there is a good in it.
14. Forget what hurt you and forgive who hurt you, but never forget what it taught you.
15. When the wrong people moved out of your life, the right things starts moving in.
16. Move on. It’s just a chapter in the past. But don’t close the book, just turn the page.
17. Don’t let yesterday (the past) take up too much of today, today is the present.
18. Stop keeping track of the mistakes you’ve made. It’s time to move on and forgive yourself.
19. When one door closes, another one always opens. But oftentimes, we look so long at the closed door that we don’t see the one which has opened.
20. Never regret anything. If it’s good, it’s wonderful. If it’s bad, it’s an experience to make you better.
21. Behind you lie the challenges you’ve met. Before you lie new possibilities. Today you choose the direction of your life.
22. Life is like photography – we develop from the negatives into something beautiful, alluring. Let yourself develop.
23. There are far better things ahead than any we leave behind.
24. Forget your past, forgive yourself, and begin again right now
25. When the wrong people leave your life, the right things start to happen.
Conclusion about Moving on Quotes.
Moving on is an important part of life, it is important to our general well-being, moving on means accepting that what you previously had is no longer there. Whether it be from a romantic partner, a job, or death, everyone will experience the need to move on in life, the need to let go and pick the broken pieces when cleaning out the pains.
One of the greatest aspects of life, sad but true is that almost nothing lasts forever. This means that at one point or the other, you will be forced to move on. Friendships die, people move, things get old, activities get boring but the key is to always lookout for new beginnings, a new dawn and starting afresh.
Moving on is the first step to these beginnings, once you conquer it, the whole world is open to you again. Set yourself free and let hope resurrect again in your life. Moving on means opening your curtain and letting in the rays of sunshine back into your life.
Hopefully, these quotes about moving on will help you or someone you know finds the strength to move on from some sort of hardship.