Honestly, we all have times when we can use some amazing quotes about happiness in our lives and to boost others when down.
There is time for everything and we all know this. There are some days when one is a bit gloomy and feeling down. A time when what we need exactly is positive energy. And one of the best way to get positive energy that we fight the gloomy feeling down is motivational quotes on Happiness.
Today on this collection of Happiness quotes, I will be sharing with you, lists of quotes on happiness, funny happiness quotes, true happiness quotes which you can easily use when you need an injection of happiness into your life.
You can choose to print or keep any of these quotes on Happiness which you pick as your favorite accessible.
Happiness Quotes Images.
Greatest Happiness Quotes on Life and Love.
|Best Happiness Quotes and Captions
|If you want happiness for a day - go fishing.
|If you want happiness for a lifetime - help someone else.
|If you want happiness for an hour - take a nap.
|If you want happiness for a year - inherit a fortune.
|It’s been my experience that you can nearly always enjoy things if you make up your mind firmly that you will.
|The only joy in the world is to begin.
|The moments of happiness we enjoy take us by surprise. It is not that we seize them, but that they seize us.
|Success is not the key to happiness. Happiness is the key to success. If you love what you are doing, you will be successful.
|That man is richest whose pleasures are cheapest.
|Henry David Thoreau
|Happiness is acceptance.
|Plenty of people miss their share of happiness, not because they never found it, but because they didn’t stop to enjoy it.
|What you do not want done to yourself, do not do to others.
|We tend to forget that happiness doesn’t come as a result of getting something we don’t have, but rather of recognizing and appreciating what we do have.
|Happy he who learns to bear what he cannot change.
|Happiness depends upon ourselves.
|Don’t underestimate the value of Doing Nothing, of just going along, listening to all the things you can’t hear, and not bothering.
|Winnie the Pooh
|I’d far rather be happy than right any day.
|Love is that condition in which the happiness of another person is essential to your own.
|Robert A. Heinlein
|Life is really simple, but we insist on making it complicated.
|The greater part of our happiness or misery depends upon our dispositions, and not upon our circumstances.
|Happiness is something that comes into our lives through doors we don’t even remember leaving open.
|It isn’t what you have, or who you are, or where you are, or what you are doing that makes you happy or unhappy. It is what you think about.
|Happiness is not something ready-made. It comes from your own actions.
|To be kind to all, to like many and love a few, to be needed and wanted by those we love, is certainly the nearest we can come to happiness.
|The reason people find it so hard to be happy is that they always see the past better than it was, the present worse than it is, and the future less resolved than it will be.
|Your work is discover your world and then with all your heart give yourself to it.
|Just because it didn’t last forever, doesn’t mean it wasn’t worth your while.
|The most beautiful people we have known are those who have known defeat, known suffering, known struggle, known loss, and have found their way out of the depths. These persons have an appreciation, a sensitivity and an understanding of life that fills them with compassions, gentleness, and a deep loving concern. Beautiful people do not just happen.
|If men would consider not so much wherein they differ, as wherein they agree, there would be far less of uncharitableness and angry feeling in the world
|There is only one way to happiness and that is to cease worrying about things which are beyond the power of our will.
|To be happy, we must not be too concerned with others.
|There are more things to alarm us than to harm us, and we suffer more often in apprehension than reality.
|Happy people plan actions, they don’t plan results.
|When one door of happiness closes, another opens, but often we look so long at the closed door that we do not see the one that has been opened for us.
|I, not events, have the power to make me happy or unhappy today. I can choose which it shall be. Yesterday is dead, tomorrow hasn’t arrived yet. I have just one day, today, and I’m going to be happy in it.
|No act of kindness, no matter how small, is ever wasted.
|Time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time.
|Happiness always looks small while you hold it in your hands, but let it go, and you learn at once how big and precious it is.
|The foolish man seeks happiness in the distance, the wise grows it under his feet.
|Happiness is not in the mere possession of money; it lies in the joy of achievement, in the thrill of creative effort.
|Franklin D. Roosevelt
|The best years of your life are the ones in which you decide your problems are your own. You do not blame them on your mother, the ecology, or the president. You realize that you control your own destiny.
|Since you get more joy out of giving joy to others, you should put a good deal of thought into the happiness that you are able to give.
|We begin from the recognition that all beings cherish happiness and do not want suffering. It then becomes both morally wrong and pragmatically unwise to pursue only one’s own happiness oblivious to the feelings and aspirations of all others who surround us as members of the same human family. The wiser course is to think of others when pursuing our own happiness.
|Happiness is when what you think, what you say, and what you do are in harmony.
|The unhappy derive comfort from the misfortunes of others.
|Our envy always lasts longer than the happiness of those we envy.
|Happiness is the art of never holding in your mind the memory of any unpleasant thing that has passed.
|Thousands of candles can be lighted from a single candle, and the life of the candle will not be shortened. Happiness never decreases by being shared.
|Action may not always bring happiness; but there is no happiness without action.
|Don’t rely on someone else for your happiness and self-worth. Only you can be responsible for that. If you can’t love and respect yourself – no one else will be able to make that happen. Accept who you are – completely; the good and the bad – and make changes as YOU see fit – not because you think someone else wants you to be different.
|Everyone wants to live on top of the mountain, but all the happiness and growth occurs while you’re climbing it.
|Some cause happiness wherever they go; others whenever they go
|The secret of happiness is not in doing what one likes, but in liking what one does.
|James M. Barrie.
Funny Happiness Quotes.
Above this title, I shared the greatest and famous quotes on Happiness, but this time around, I want to share with you, funny Happiness quotes. It is true that Happiness brings smiles, and a smile from the heart lights up a room and beckons on Joy.
It is no doubt that daily circumstances in life often seem to steal our joy and make us feel sad and down. But since you’re here on this page, it means you are here to either read or share these funny quotes on Happiness. So below, I am sharing amazing captions/quotes which will undoubtedly restore the Joy in your smiles and also gives you lots of reasons to be happy anytime of the day.
Whenever the tide gets unfavorable in life or life toughs you out, you can reachout to these funny Happiness quotes and draw from it’s essence.
- “Most times, we forget to be grateful to people who make us happy. Don’t forget, they are the charming gardeners who make our souls blossom.” – Marcel Proust.
- “Do you know that when what we are is what we want to be, that is true happiness.” – Malcolm Forbes.
- “One should never forget that No one has the power to make you feel inferior without your consent.” – Eleanor Roosevelt.
- “The secret to enjoying true happiness is to admire without desiring.” – Carl Sandburg
- “Learn to let go. That is the key to happiness.” – Buddha.
- “Desire nothing, give up all desires and be happy forever.” – Swami Sivananda.
- “Enjoy your own life without comparing it with that of another.” – Marquis de Condorcet.
- “We possess only the happiness we are able to understand.” – Maurice Maeterlinck.
- “A sure way to lose happiness, I found, is to want it at the expense of everything else.” – Bette Davis
- “If you want happiness for an hour — take a nap.’– Chinese Proverb.
- If you want happiness for a day — go fishing. – Chinese Proverb.
- If you want happiness for a year — inherit a fortune. – Chinese Proverb.
- If you want happiness for a lifetime — help someone else.” – Chinese Proverb.
- “The foolish man seeks happiness in the distance, the wise grows it under his feet.” – James Oppenheim
- “Your work is to discover your world and then with all your heart give yourself to it.” – Buddha.
- “Happiness isn’t something you experience; it’s something you remember.” – Oscar Levant
- “Happiness is like a butterfly.
The more you chase it, the more it eludes you.
But if you turn your attention to other things,
It comes and sits softly on your shoulder.” – Henry David Thoreau.
- “Most people are about as happy as they make up their minds to be.” – Abraham Lincoln
- “When ambition ends, happiness begins.” – Thomas Merton
- “What we call the secret of happiness is no more a secret than our willingness to choose life.” – Leo Buscaglia
- “Everyone chases after happiness, not noticing that happiness is right at their heels.” – Bertolt Brecht
- “Happiness can only be found if you can free yourself of all other distractions.” – Saul Bellow
- “Yesterday’s the past, tomorrow’s the future, but today is a gift. That’s why it’s called the present.” – Bil Keane
- “Happiness always looks small while you hold it in your hands, but let it go, and you learn at once how big and precious it is.” – Maxim Gorky.
- “There is only one way to happiness and that is to cease worrying about things which are beyond the power of our will.” – Epictetus.
- “Happiness doesn’t depend on any external conditions, it is governed by our mental attitude.” – Dale Carnegie
- “If your happiness depends on what somebody else does, I guess you do have a problem.” – Richard Bach.
- “Happiness is like a cloud, if you stare at it long enough, it evaporates.” – Sarah McLachlan.
- The first recipe for happiness is: avoid too lengthy meditation on the past.” – Andre Maurois.
- “Plenty of people miss their share of happiness, not because they never found it, but because they didn’t stop to enjoy it.” – William Feather.
- “It’s enough to indulge and to be selfish but true happiness is really when you start giving back.” – Adrian Grenier.
- “There is only one passion, the passion for happiness.” – Denis Diderot.
- “Happiness is hard to recall. It’s just a glow.” – Frank McCourt.
- “The best way to cheer yourself up is to try to cheer somebody else up.” – Mark Twain.
- “True happiness is… to enjoy the present, without anxious dependence upon the future.” – Lucius Annaeus Seneca.
- “It is not how much we have, but how much we enjoy, that makes happiness.” – Charles Spurgeon.
- “The best way to pay for a lovely moment is to enjoy it.” – Richard Bach.
- “Do not take life too seriously. You will never get out of it alive.” – Elbert Hubbard.
- “Be happy with what you have and are, be generous with both, and you won’t have to hunt for happiness.” – William E. Gladstone.
- “If you want to be happy, be.” – Leo Tolstoy.
- “Most folks are as happy as they make up their minds to be.” – Abraham Lincoln.
- “Happy people plan actions, they don’t plan results.” – Denis Waitley.
- “Happiness is the absence of the striving for happiness.” – Zhuangzi.
- “Time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time.” – Marthe Troly-Curtin.
- “It is more fitting for a man to laugh at life than to lament over it.” – Seneca.
- “Happy is he who learns to bear what he cannot change.” – Friedrich Schiller.
- “Happiness is a direction, not a place.” – Sydney J. Harris.
- “The two enemies of human happiness are pain and boredom.” – Arthur Schopenhauer.
- “Happiness seems made to be shared.” – Pierre Corneille.
- “Very little is needed to make a happy life; it is all within yourself, in your way of thinking.” – Marcus Aurelius Antoninus.
- “We never taste a perfect joy; our happiest successes are mixed with sadness.” – Pierre Corneille.
- “The time to be happy is now, and the place to be happy is here.” – Robert Green Ingersoll.
- “Sometimes your joy is the source of your smile, but sometimes your smile can be the source of your joy.” – Thich Nhat Hanh.
Final Conclusion on Happiness Quotes.
In life, we always or most times, set our entire world upon goals and dreams. We usually seek wealth and adventures. Am not saying it’s bad that we set our live on achieving our goals and dreams, but one must know that, regardless of whatever we live for, we should know that nothing makes any sense if you don’t make happiness your top priority.
Just like the above Image on happiness says, always smile and embrace life with open arms. Wishing you endless joy and happiness.