No doubt, we are living in a time where short quotes are the rave. Short quotes are quotes that are lesser than fourteen-words but do have a whole lot of meaning.
To ensure we get the best short quote, we’ve gathered quotes from various sources, adages, wisdom quotes to ensure this list is near perfection. We are constantly searching for short quotes you can tweet, use as captions on Instagram, etc.
Short quotes are a low number of characters forming a phrase that concentrates within itself all the wisdom we need at the moment in fewer words.
Their words might say little, but they definitely mean a lot.
Best Short Quotes.
- If you tell the truth, there’s no need of remembering anything. – Mark Twain.
- Without music, life would be a mistake. – Friedrich Nietzsche.
- If you can’t explain it to a six-year-old, I don’t think you understand it yourself. – Albert Einstein.
- Everything you can imagine is real and possible. – Pablo Picasso.
- Not all those who wander are lost. – J.R.R. Tolkien.
- The truth is rarely pure and never simple. – Oscar Wilde.
- Don’t waste your time telling the truth to unworthy people. – Mark Twain.
- An eye for an eye will certainly make the world go blind. – Mahatma Gandhi.
- All that we see or seem to be is but a dream within a dream. – Edgar Allan Poe.
- I agree that sleep is good, but one knows books are better. – George R. R. Martin.
- Any fool can know anything. The difference there, is to understand it. – Albert Einstein.
- Resist much, obey little. – Walt Whitman.
- Nothing, even sword cuts deeper than fear. – George R.R. Martin.
- Even the darkest night ends and the sun will still rise. – Victor Hugo.
- Surely, one knows that there are no facts, only interpretations. – Friedrich Nietzsche.
- I think a Man should be Judged by his questions, rather than by his answers. – Voltaire.
- I am free, and this is why I am lost. – Franz Kafka.
- Knowledge speaks, but true wisdom lies in listening. – Jimi Hendrix.
- Everyone is a moon, and has a dark side which he never shows to anybody. – Mark Twain.
- Once we are tired, it provides the perfect opportunity to be attacked by ideas we’ve conquered long ago. – Friedrich Nietzsche.
- It is easier to forgive an enemy than to forgive a friend. – William Blake.
- Wheresoever you go, ensure that you go with all your heart. – Confucius.
- The unfed mind certainly devours itself. – Gore Vidal.
- Talk sense to a fool and he calls you foolish. – Euripides.
- Raise your words, not your voice. It is rain that grows flowers, not thunder. – Rumi.
- Kindness is a universal language that even the deaf can hear, and the blind can see. – Mark Twain.
- The heart has its reasons which reason knows not. – Blaise Pascal.
- The best exercise for your mind and soul is being 100% honest with yourself. – Sigmund Freud.
- To err is human, to forgive, divine. – Alexander Pope.
- I’ve noticed that trees that are slow to grow, bear the best fruit. – Moliere.
- Your future depends on what you are doing today. – Mahatma Gandhi.
- Anxiety is the dizziness of freedom. – Søren Kierkegaard.
- He who knows all the answers has not been asked all the questions. – Confucius.
- I think it’s much better to offer no excuse than offer a bad one. – George Washington.
- We are all born mad. Sadly, some remain mad. – Samuel Beckett.
- There is absolutely nothing more deceptive than an obvious fact. – Arthur Conan Doyle.
- No great mind has ever existed without having a touch of madness. – Aristotle.
- Only someone who is well prepared has the opportunity to improvise. – Ingmar Bergman.
Short Love Quotes.
1. Where there is love, there certainly will be life. – Mahatma Gandhi.
2. And it was at that moment, I knew that we were infinite. – Stephen Chbosky.
3. We loved with a love that was more powerful than love. – Edgar Allen Poe.
4. Caution in love is perhaps the most fatal to true happiness. – Bertrand Russell.
5. One is loved because one is loved. There’s absolutely no reason needed for loving. – Paulo Coelho.
6. We mostly accept the love we think we deserve. – Stephen Chbosky.
7. Love is very similar to the wind, you can’t see it, but you can always feel it. – Nicholas Sparks.
8. Never waste your love on anyone who treats you like you’re ordinary. – Oscar Wilde.
9. Love is so short, but forgetting is so long. – Pablo Neruda.
10. Love is an irresistible desire to be irresistibly desired. – Robert Frost.
11. I’m satisfied to know that you and I exist at the right time. – Anonymous.
12. One love, one heart, one destiny. – Robert Marley.
13. Never close your lips to those whom you have already opened your heart. – Charles Dickens.
14. Humans waste their time looking for the perfect lover, instead of creating the perfect love. – Tom Robbins.
15. Have enough courage to trust love one more time and always one more time. Maya Angelou.
16. Love is the absolute absence of judgment. – Dalai Lama XIV.
17. Who, being loved, is poor? – Oscar Wilde.
18. Most times, we don’t know how deep Love is, until the hour of separation. – Kahlil Gibran.
19. To love another person wholeheartedly, is to see the face of God. – Victor Hugo.
20. True love overcomes the mightiest mountains. – Anonymous.
Short Inspirational Quotes.
♦ We all have the choice of deciding what to do with the time given to us. – J.R.R. Tolkien.
♦ The wound opens a door portal where the Light enters you. – Anonymous.
♦ Be the change that you wish to see. – Mahatma Gandhi.
♦ If you don’t stand for something, you certainly will fall for anything. – Gordon A. Eadie.
♦ We don’t see things as they are, we see them as we are. – Anaïs Nin.
♦ Music expresses that which cannot be put into words and that which cannot remain silent. – Victor Hugo.
♦ Be kind to people, for everyone you meet in life is fighting a harder battle. – Plato.
♦ Stop acting so small. You are the universe in ecstatic motion. – Rumi.
♦ One day, in retrospect, all the years of struggle will become the most beautiful. – Sigmund Freud.
♦ The future ONLY belongs to those who believed in the beauty of their dreams. – Eleanor Roosevelt.
♦ It’s impossible to swim for new horizons until you lose sight of the shore. – William Faulkner.
♦ No one has the power, but ourselves can free our minds. – Bob Marley.
vWar is what happens when language fails. – Margaret Atwood.
♦ What you seek is seeking you. – Rumi.
♦ Don’t grieve for anything you lose. It usually comes back in another form. – Rumi.
♦ The journey of a thousand miles begins with a single step. – Lao Tzu.
♦ If I can stop just only but one heart from breaking, then I didn’t live in vain. – Emily Dickinson.
♦ Learn what is to be taken seriously and laugh at the rest. – Herman Hesse.
♦ Forever is composed of nows. – Emily Dickinson.
♦ If every rub irritates you, how will your mirror be polished? – Rumi.
♦ A good traveler has no fixed plans and is not intent on arriving. – Lao Tzu.
♦ You can cut all down all the flowers, but you cannot keep spring from coming. – Pablo Neruda.
♦ Compassion is the basis of morality. – Arthur Schopenhauer.
♦ Silence is the language of the gods, whereas all else is poor translation. – Rumi.
♦ There are two ways of escaping life’s misery – music, and cats. – Albert Schweitzer.
♦ The world is packed-fill with magic things, patiently waiting for our senses to grow sharper. – W.B. Yeats.
♦ Only when you’ve shut your eyes, will you see better. – James Joyce.
♦ One most times meets his destiny on the road he purposedly took to avoid it. – Jean de La Fontaine.
♦ Dreams are the touchstones of our characters. – Henry David Thoreau.
♦ You never fail until you stop trying. – Albert Einstein.
Short Life Quotes.
It’s not necessary anymore to say how powerful quotes are. Looking at it, they are just ordinary bunch of words. However, when you pick one and start thinking of it, you get to so many ideas behind it.
These short life quotes will certainly be of help to you. I don’t know exactly what you’re going to do with it, whether it’s for self-motivation, t-shirt design or want one for your Instagram bio, Facebook bio, or Twitter bio, this collection of short quotes is full of powerful ideas packed in short packages of words.
These short life quotes will certainly make a profound positive impact in your life, as it has changed my outlook on life too.
1. Doubt kills more dreams than failure ever will. – Suzy Kassem.
2. Life is like riding a bicycle. To keep your balance, you must keep moving. – Albert Einstein.
3. Be yourself; because everyone else is already taken. – Oscar Wilde.
4. You have this life to live once, but if you do it right, once is enough. – Mae West.
5. If you are going through hell, keep going and don’t look back.
6. All limitations are self-imposed. – Oliver Wendell Holmes.
7. Tough times never last, but tough people do. – Robert H. Schiuller.
8. Problems are not stop signs, they are life’s manual and guidelines. – Anonymous.
9. That it will never come again is what makes life so sweet. – Emily Dickinson.
10. In three words I can sum up everything I’ve learned about life: it goes on. – Robert Frost.
11. One must simply not dwell on dreams and forget to live. – Anonymous.
12. I would rather walk with a friend in the dark, than walk alone in the light. – Helen Keller.
13. There’s always a need to dare ourselves, however frightening or strange that self may prove to be. – May Sarton.
14. Life can only be understood backward; but it must be lived forwards. – Søren Kierkegaard.
15. Unbeing dead isn’t being alive. – E. E. Cummings.
16. Live in the sunshine, swim in the sea, drink the wild air and enjoy this thing called life. – Ralph Waldo Emerson.
17. Life shrinks or expands in proportion to one’s courage. – Anais Nin.
18. Happiness [is] only real when shared. – Jon Krakauer.
19. If you truly want to fly, you got to give up the weights that weighs you down. – Toni Morrison.
20. Everything that irritates us about others leads us to understanding ourselves. – Carl Gustav Jung.
21. It is nothing to die. But it’s frightful not to live. – Victor Hugo.
22. The journey of a thousand miles begins with a single step. – Lao Tzu.
23. Whatever consumes your mind, controls your life. – Anonymous.
24. Try to be a rainbow in someone’s cloud. – Maya Angelou.
Short Motivational Quotes.
◊ Success is not final, failure is not fatal: but it’s the courage to continue that counts. – Winston S. Churchill.
◊ Nothing is impossible, the word itself says ‘I’m possible’. – Audrey Hepburn.
◊ The key to success is only focusing on your goals, not obstacles.
◊ To live life to the fullest, Do one thing every day that scares you. – Anonymous.
◊ Without pressure, there won’t be any diamond. – Anonymous.
◊ Whatever you are, consciously choose to be a good one. – Abraham Lincoln.
◊ Sometimes later becomes never. Don’t postpone it. Do it now.
◊ Great things never come from comfort zones.
◊ The harder you work for something, the greater the joy it brings when you’ve accomplished it.
◊ Success doesn’t just find you. You have to go out and get it.
◊ Choose NOT to stop when you’re tired. Stop when you’re done.
◊ “If you can dream it, you can do it.” – Walt Disney.
◊ It’s going to be hard, but hard does not mean impossible.
◊ Do something today that your future self will be thankful to you for.
◊ “Aim for the moon. If you miss, you may hit a star.” – W. Clement Stone.
◊ Whether you think you can, or you think you can’t, you’re right. – Henry Ford.
◊ Everything is possible. The impossible just takes longer. – Dan Brown.
◊ Push yourself, because no one else is going to do it for you. – Anonymous.
◊ You never fail until you stop trying. – Albert Einstein.
◊ You were born with wings, why choose to crawl through life without flying? – Rumi.
◊ It does not matter how slow you go, what really matters is that you do not stop. – Confucius.
◊ Adventure is worthwhile in itself. – Amelia Earhart.
◊ Sometimes we’re tested not to show our weaknesses, but to discover our strengths. – Anonymous.
Short Positive Quotes.
1. True Happiness is when what you think, what you say, and what you do are in harmony. – Mahatma Gandhi.
2. Peace commences with a smile. – Mother Teresa.
3. Count your age by friends, not years. Count your life by smiles, not tears. – John Lennon.
4. In the depth of winter, that’s when I finally learned that within me lays an invincible summer. – Albert Camus.
5. If more humans valued food, cheers and song over hoarded gold, the world would be a merrier. – J.R.R. Tolkien.
6. Let us read, let us dance; these two amusements hardly do any harm to the world. – Voltaire.
7. I’ve got nothing to do today but smile and be happy. – Simon and Garfunkel.
8. Art washes away from the soul, the dust of everyday’s life struggles. – Anonymous.
9. Try to be a rainbow in someone’s cloud each day and see your cloud getting brighter. – Anonymous.
10. The best way to cheer yourself is to try to cheer someone else up. – Mark Twain.
Short Happy Quotes.
- The happiness of your life solely depends on the quality of your thoughts. Guide your thoughts right.
- A day without laughter is a day wasted. – Nicolas Chamfort.
- Happiness is not something ready-made. It comes from your own actions. – Dalai Lama XIV.
- Folks are usually as happy as they choose to be. – Abraham Lincoln.
- Happiness in intelligent people is the rarest thing I’ve ever known. – Ernest Hemingway.
- Think of all the beauty still left around you and be happy. – Anne Frank.
- The most certain sign of wisdom is cheerfulness. Michel de Montaigne.
- The most important thing is to enjoy your life… Choose to be happy. it’s all that matters. – Audrey Hepburn.
- No medicine is able to cure what happiness cannot. – Gabriel García Márquez.
- I think wrinkles should ONLY indicate where the smiles have been. – Mark Twain.
- With freedom, books, flowers, and the moon, who could not be happy? – Oscar Wilde.
- We should not forget to be grateful to the people who make us happy. – Marcel Proust.
- I think that the most wasted of all days is a day without laughter. – Nicolas Chamfort.
- All happiness depends on the courage and work. – Honoré de Balzac.
- One must dare to be happy. It may be difficult, and that’s why it’s a dare. – Gertrude Stein.
- Be happy for this moment, because this moment is your life. – Omar Khayyam.
Short Quotes About Strength.
♠ It takes huge chunk of courage to grow up and become who you really want to be. – Anonymous.
♠ I think it’s much better to be hated for what you are, than to be loved for what you are not. – Andre Gide.
♠ Anything that does not kill us makes us stronger. – Friedrich Nietzsche.
♠ A woman is like a tea bag; you never know how strong it is until it’s in hot water. – Eleanor Roosevelt.
♠ We are only as strong as we are united, or as weak as we are divided. – J.K. Rowling.
♠ I will not permit anyone to walk through my mind with their dirty feet. – Mahatma Gandhi.
♠ You have power over your mind, not power over outside events. When you understand this, you will find strength. – Marcus Aurelius.
♠ Courage is resistance to fear, mastery of fear, and certainly not absence of fear. – Mark Twain.
♠ It’s your choice to either see Life as a daring adventure or nothing at all. – Helen Keller.
Short Quotes About Change.
√ It is never too late to choose what you might have been. – George Eliot.
√ There is absolutely no use going back to yesterday because I was a different person then. – Lewis Carroll.
√ Why fit in when you were born to stand out and be different? – Dr. Seuss.
√ The measure of intelligence is the ability to change and adapt. – Anonymous.
√ It matters not what someone is born, but what matters, is what they grow to be. – J.K. Rowling.
√ No one can make you feel inferior without first, giving it your consent from within. – Eleanor Roosevelt.
√ Education is the most powerful weapon one can use to change the world. – Nelson Mandela.
√ There is no greater agony than bearing an untold story inside you. – Maya Angelou.
√ Everyone thinks of changing the world, only few thinks of changing themselves. – Leo Tolstoy.
√ Instead of feeling sorrow for yourself, turn your wounds into wisdom. – Anonymous.
√ You must have chaos within you to give birth to a dancing star. – Friedrich Nietzsche.
√ I did then what I knew how to do. Now that I know better, I do better. – Maya Angelou.
√ Without deviation from the norm, we should know that progress won’t have been not possible. – Frank Zappa.
√ Blessed are the hearts that can bend; for them can’t be broken. – Albert Camus.
√ Those who cannot change their minds will find it impossible to change anything. – George Bernard Shaw.
Funny Short Quotes.
• Humor is reason gone mad. – Groucho Marx.
• Never have I let my schooling interfere with my education. – Mark Twain.
• Always forgive your enemies… because nothing annoys them as much. – Oscar Wilde.
• I’m strong enough to resist everything, except temptation. – Oscar Wilde.
• Never put off till tomorrow what may be done a day after tomorrow. – Mark Twain.
• I’m not afraid of death; I just don’t want to be there when it happens. – Woody Allen.
• The only notable difference between genius and stupidity is this: Every genius has its limits. – Alexandre Dumas.
• Go to heaven for the climate and joy, and hell for the company. – Benjamin Franklin Wade.
• Sanity and happiness can’t be put together in the same description.- Anonymous.